ERASMUS – PROCEDURE FOR STUDENT MOBILITY – Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality Management (FTHM), University of Rijeka, Croatia The University of Rijeka joined this program in 2009 and since then has signed over 315 Erasmus bilateral agreements with universities from the majority of EU countries. This cooperation includes students and staff exchange. Students from European universities that have signed the Erasmus Bilateral Agreement with the University of Rijeka may spend one or two semesters studying at our University.Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality management is at the moment holder of more than fifty Erasmus Bilateral Agreements.
- ERASMUS – Guidelines for incoming studentsGuidelines for incoming students
- ERASMUS – STUDENT – Confirmation of arrival / departure
- Experience – STUDENT MOBILITY (share your experience at FTHM)
- LIBRARY CONFIRMATION FORM – STUDENT MOBILITY
University of Rijeka
- ERASMUS – UNIRI Welcome Letter 2015
- ERASMUS – UNIRI – Application form – students
- ERASMUS – UNIRI Learning agreement for studies – form
- ERASMUS – UNIRI Learning agreement for traineeships – form
Note: Ph.D. students holders of Erasmus or CEEPUS scholarship should contact the faculty prior to applaying.
Accommodation for the ERASMUS+ grant holders and other is NOT provided by the Faculty or University.
Possible accomodation is in the DORMATORY of the University of Rijeka (contact Erasmus Mobility Office for more information). ESN Rijeka can help international students with the information about possibilities concerning the accommodation.
We must emphasize that our Faculty is dislocated from city of Rijeka (night life, University facilities, bus and train station for longer travel, other Faculties, Hospitals etc.) around 20 km, and by bus it takes 55 min. Sometimes because of these reasons students prefer to take apartments in Rijeka and not in the city of Opatija or Lovran (cities near Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality management). Also, most of students take apartments in Rijeka since city of Rijeka is subsidizing bus ticket for students. Alternative places to stay:
- HOTEL LOVRAN, Lovran (Partner of FTHM. Special prices for staff at FTHM ) – near Faculty
- HOSTEL LINK, Lovran (special prices for students and staff at FTHM)
- HOTEL EXCELSIOR, Lovran
When looking other possible accommodation use this villages names as a “place” to find the accommodation near the Faculty: Ika (village where the faculty is situated), Ičići (village near the faculty), Lovran (20 minutes by walk from the center to the faculty or 10 minutes with the bus number 32), Opatija (20 minutes with the bus number 32) and Rijeka (20 kilometers or 55 minutes with the bus number 32 to the faculty).
HOW TO REACH THE FACULTY – information
Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality Management, University of Rijeka
Primorska 42, Ika (village), 51410 Opatija, Croatia
Phone: +385 51 294 706 (Deans office), Fax: +385 51 292 945
HEALTH INSURANCE AND MEDICAL CARE: During your stay in Croatia, as an international student (and other staff members) you must have health insurance.
Non-EU countries with health care agreements with Croatia: If there is a signed bilateral health care agreement between your home country and Croatia, ask for the bilingual form (tiskanica) to be filled in and stamped by your health insurance company. The form should then be presented at the Croatian Health Insurance Company (Hrvatski zavod za zdravstveno osiguranje), which will issue a health insurance document valid in Croatia (bolesnički list). Croatia has entered into agreements on social security with the following non-EU countries participating in CEEPUS: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia.
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC): International students who have the European Health Insurance Card may use health care services upon presentation of the card and submission of the printout copy of the card, if other instructions are not given according to the Croatian legislation in force.
Countries without health care agreements with Croatia and without the European Health Insurance Card: Teachers from the countries that do not have bilateral health care agreements with Croatia or that do not use the European Health Insurance Card are obliged to organise and cover the costs of health care services by themselves. Kosovo is the only country in this category. Any health insurance expenses for scholarship holders from these countries not covered by the scholarship grant.
- HEALTH FACILITIES IN RIJEKA (Hospitals, emergency dental services, pharmacies etc.)
- IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
- HEALTHCARE students – UNIRI (How to choose a medical doctor in Croatia?)
For the most current information regarding entry and visa regulations between your country and Croatia, please enquire at the Croatian Embassy in your country or at the National ministry of foreign and European affairs. Any visa related costs are not covered by the scholarship grant.
Regulating your stay in Croatia (Registration of temporary stay)
Detaled information: STAY AND WORK OF FOREINGERS IN CROATIA
- Mobility period shorter than 90 days: Since Croatian accession to the European Union, EU citizens is no longer obliged either to apply for the approval for temporary stay or to register their address if they are staying in the Republic of Croatia shorter than 90 days.
- Mobility period longer than 90 days: EU citizens who plan to stay in the Republic of Croatia for more than 90 days are obliged to apply for the registration of temporary stay for the purpose of studies (Prijava privremenog boravka za državljane članice EGP-a).
- Mobility period shorter than 90 days: Upon your arrival in Croatia, within 48 hours you have to register your address in Croatia at the Foreigners’ Office of the relevant Police Administration Office (Odsjek za strance, Policijska uprava). For scholarship holders who are staying at student dormitories (or hotels) the address is automatically registered with the City Police Department.
- Mobility period longer than 90 days: Non-EU citizens staying in the Republic of Croatia for more than 90 days are obliged to apply for the issuance of the approval of temporary stay for the purpose of studies within 90 days of the arrival at the Foreigners’ Office of the relevant Police Administration Office (Odsjek za strance, Policijska uprava).
Police Administration Offices (depending on where the residence is situated):
- Rijeka, Primorsko-goranska Police Administration Office, Foreigners’ Office (Odsjek za strance, Policijska uprava), Žrtava fašizma 3, Ms Silvana Kladnik, tel. 051/430-512.
- Opatija, Police Administration Office, Foreigners’ Office (Odsjek za strance, Policijska uprava), Poginulih hrvatskih branitelja 1, Opatija, tel. 051/710-047.
THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS you for the residence card (EU citizens) or the approval of temporary stay (non-EU citizens):
- a filled-out copy of the Application Form 1b Registration of Temporary Stay of EEA Citizens – Application Form 1a (EU citizens)
- a filled-out copy of the Application Form 1a Application for Issuance of Approval of Temporary Stay – Application Form 1a (non-EU citizens)
- Original and a photocopy of the passport (non-EU citizens) or the identity card (EU citizens);
- Proof of secured board and sufficient funds for living expenses in the Republic of Croatia issued by the Agency (Uvjerenje – read below);
- One colour photograph (35 x 45 mm);
- Proof of health insurance.
Note: Application Forms will be provided and filled out at the faculty upon your arrival.
ERASMUS and other scholarship holders: Prior to your arrival to Croatia, you will need one document as proof, issued by your Institution, in which the length of stay as well as the amount of your grant is stated. If you have agreement in which this is stated you may scan it or bring the photocopy with you.
- STUDY IN CROATIA – All relevant Infomation on studying and living in Croatia
- FTHM – INTERNATIONAL STUDENT GUIDE: FMTH – International guide for students 2015
- GRADING SCHEME FOR UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE UNIVERSITY STUDY PROGRAMME AT FTHM, Opatija
- UNIVERSITY OF RIJEKA, International Student Guide 2014 / Brochure
- The Republic of Croatia Ministry of the Interior (MUP – Croatian police)
- USEFUL INFORMATION for visiters in Primorsko-Goranska County (transport, national holidays etc.)
- Croatian National Tourist Board
- Official Kvarner County Tourism Office
- Official Opatija Tourism Office
- Official Lovran Tourism Office
Center for International Affairs
Jasna Lasinger Silađev, mag.oec.
Tel: (051) 294-202